POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: possible parse error : Re: possible parse error Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: possible parse error
From: Tom Melly
Date: 13 Oct 2004 15:37:16
Message: <416d83ec@news.povray.org>
"John Conaway" <jcc### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> This is a mac install (OS X 10.3.5 G5)

Okay.

> The link came from

http://www.povray.org/redirect/www.povray.org/ftp/pub/povray/Official/Macint
osh/povpmac.sit

That appears to be correct...

> Functions.inc is in the include file. The include file is in the pov ray
> file. I have not toutched any of this.

Okay... except you refer to 'include' being a 'file' which contains
'functions.inc' - 'include' should be a folder/directory containing a file
called 'functions.inc' - you have expanded the downloaded file using
stuffit, haven't you?

> Is there any documentation on the setup of this program, the only
> documentation I have found seems to assume that I already have it up and
> running.

I don't know macs, but is there a standard file-name for setup programs?

> also im cureous about the +L library stuff, do i need to set certian files
> in the Pov-Ray 3.6 folder to library files, if so how do i do that (or
> where do i learn how to do that) ?

No - you shouldn't need the +L option for the particular file that is
causing you problems. The include folder is a standard folder. The +L is
only needed for non-standard include-folders (normal caveats about me not
being a mac-user apply).

For some reason or other, your current 'install' doesn't seem to be looking
in the standard directories for this standard file.

It really does sound as though you haven't run some installer program, which
would set these options (or not unstuffed the download).